English | Francais
Intuitive Surgical leads the development and commercialization of robotic technology designed to extend the benefits of minimally invasive surgery to broadest possible base of patients. Intuitive's products can provide surgeons with all the clinical and technical capabilities of traditional open surgery while enabling them to operate through tiny incisions.
Intuitive Surgical's da Vinci® Surgical System combines superior 3D visualization along with greatly enhanced dexterity, precision and control in an intuitive, ergonomic interface with breakthrough surgical capabilities.
The da Vinci Surgical System is improving patient experiences and outcomes by fundamentally changing surgery in four ways:
Simplifies many existing MIS procedures
Makes difficult MIS operations routine
- Many surgical procedures performed today using standard laparoscopic technique may be performed more quickly and easily using the da Vinci Surgical System. This is because the da Vinci System delivers increased clinical capability while maintaining the same "look and feel" of open surgery.
Makes new MIS procedures possible
- Traditional laparoscopy has never become widely applied outside a limited set of routine procedures. Only a select group of highly skilled surgeons routinely attempt complex procedures using a minimally invasive approach. The da Vinci Surgical System finally allows more surgeons to perform complex procedures using a minimally invasive approach - routinely and with confidence.
Improved Patient Outcomes
- A number of procedures that could not be performed using traditional MIS technologies can now be performed using the da Vinci Surgical System. The advanced feature set and extensive EndoWrist® instrumentation of the da Vinci System enable surgeons to perform more procedures through 1-2 cm incisions.
By enhancing surgical capabilities, Intuitive's products are helping to improve clinical outcomes and redefine standards of care. Patients may experience the following benefits:
- Reduced trauma to the body
- Reduced blood loss and need for transfusions
- Less post-operative pain and discomfort
- Less risk of infection
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery and return to normal daily activities
- Less scarring and improved cosmesis