Core Technology of the da Vinci Surgical System
The da Vinci® Surgical System enables doctors to perform surgery in a manner never before experienced. With the surgeon sitting at a console a few feet from the patient, da Vinci translates that surgeon’s hand movements into corresponding micro-movements of instruments inside the patient’s body.
3D HD Vision
The 3D image in the console viewer allows surgeons to see anatomical structures in high definition and natural colors.
- Up to 10x magnification
- Bright, crisp, high-resolution image
- Immersive view of the surgical field
EndoWrist Instrumentation and Instruments
Intuitive Surgical’s patented EndoWrist® Instruments are designed to provide surgeons with natural dexterity while operating through small incisions.
- Endowrist® instruments with 7 degrees of freedom and a range of motion far greater than the human hand
- 7 degrees of freedom
- Range of motion far greater than the human hand
- Minimizes surgeon hand tremors
Surgeon Console Ergonomics
Using the da Vinci System, surgeons operate while seating at an ergonomically designed console just a few feet from the patient. The surgeon console provides for:
- Natural hand-eye positioning
- Comfortable seated posture